If you need a nice juicy supply of new tunes for your Summer vacation, you can use a 1 month free Spotify Premium subscription - easy to cancel before you actually get charged.
Spotify Premium will let you download as much music as you like legally, for free, on your phone/tablet/laptop.
You can cancel before the month is up and you will not be charged!
Even if you've done it before, you can do it again, just sign up for Spotify using a different email address.
So here are the steps (and some Tips!)
- Sign up for Spotify (NOT with Facebook but with an email you don't use much) https://www.spotify.com/signup
- Then log on to your new Spotify account and opt for 1 month free Spotify Premium.
- Use PayPal to pay for it (other payment method also probably ok)
- Download Spotify on your phone/laptop/tablet, https://www.spotify.com/download then open Spotify, browse the app and put all the music you like into PLAYLISTS. It's important to make playlists as this allows you to save the music 'offline' for listening to later without an internet connection. I recommend making a new playlist for each whole album you like. But you can also organise your playlists into music genres or mood, or whatever you like!
- IMPORTANT, you need to select the 'OFFLINE' setting in each of these playlists, so that the music actually gets stored on your phone/tablet/laptop and you can listen without an internet connection. Note that if you selected a lot of music, this may take up quite a lot of space.
- Note: Spotify never lets you actually download mp3, so you NEVER get to permanently keep the music. But it's perfect for vacation!
- Cancelling your subscription before actually paying anything is easy. Just go to https://www.spotify.com/account/subscription/cancel and choose to cancel you subscription.
- Or! you can stay subscribed to Spotify Premium and pay a reasonable monthly amount to get lots of music indefinitely!