I just got into a mess. I installed ie7 beta 3 with a version I downloaded on eMule, and it wouldn't fire up. I won't go into the message it was giving me, I'll go straight to the uninstall...
When I tried uninstalling it from Add/Remove programs, it wouldn't let me. The message was:
"Internet Explorer 7 Beta 2 Preview cannot be uninstalled from this user account. Please log on to the same user account from which is was installed and try again."
The way around this uninstall problem is explained on one of Microsoft's own pages.
It's a long page :)
The bit you need is:
- Click Start, click Run, and type "regedit" and then press ENTER.
- Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer.
- Right-click the Internet Explorer key, click New, and then click DWORD value.
- Type "InstalledByUser" as the name, and then press ENTER to finish creating the new registry value.
- Try to uninstall Internet Explorer 7 again.
N.B. If you DO want to run IE7, but don't want to screw up IE6, you should definitely take a look here: